- Performance-driven marketing professional skilled in creating marketing plans and leading successful product launches, promotions, and development.
- Proven ability to manage key account relationships and large-scale projects. Experience with presenting to senior management, representing senior management in discussion with others in the company, meeting with customers and training.
- Strategic Planning
- Technical Writing
- Event Planning
- Cold Calling
- Social Media Marketing
- Google Adword Certified
- Market Research
- Financial Reporting
- Promotional Model
Melanin Business | Atlanta, GA – Chicago, IL | May 2015 – Present | CEO
- Marketing and Consulting Firm successfully creating strategic marketing plans for businesses and entrepreneurs.
- Creating a global database for black businesses to bring more awareness to these establishments and to be easily accessible to their target market.
- Successfully coaching 10 entrepreneurs to bring their brands and business to the next level.
- International Marketing Strategist for AverageBlackGirl.org. Runs a YouTube channel and blogs about black-owned businesses, creates positive content for people of color and shares best practices within the marketing industry.
Atlanta, GA | Nov 2014 – Jan 2015 | Large Store Account Manager
- Executed and closed all sales calls for assigned sales route.
- Successfully maintained and sold incremental displays, as needed; and secured incremental equipment placements
- In connection with a sales call, maintain appropriate inventory levels, maintain company assets and point of sale, ensure account meets company merchandising standards, determine stores’ product needs, place and transmit appropriate orders.
- Responsible for 70% of product produced at College Park (Bulk), member of the number one MU in the nation.
Miami, FL | Account Executive | May 2013 – Nov 2014
- She worked explicitly with Wholesale Vending Companies throughout the Florida Market Unit that have an annual case count of 20,000+.
- Successfully increased volume by 4.6% and DNGP by 2.9% versus prior year.
- Created strategic customer partnerships, contract negotiations and brand expansion across key account customers located in the Florida Market Unit.
- Created a pricing program for the entire State of Florida for the Division of the Blind Vendors.
Orlando, FL | Market Development Manager | Jan 2012 – April 2013
- Successfully execute looks of success in outlets, sell and implement campaigns, and sell promotional programming.
- Effectively reach new business development goals and aid in client marketing initiatives.
- Achieved the highest number of new business acquisitions during statewide selling initiative.
- Calle Ocho – Miami, Fl. | March 2014
- Handed out over 1,000 cans of Fanta as a Fanta Girl. Successfully set up and broke down the Fanta and Fuze display area.
- Once each year, Miami transforms itself into the scene of Carnival as the Calle Ocho festival culminates in the world’s largest block party.
- Women’s Linc: Valorie Burton Seminar | July 2014
- Registration Lead- Conducted registration for Women’s Linc Chapters across the USA and Canada. Organized the Sign in Process and behind the scenes set up. This was the first time remote chapters were able to video conference an event at the same time across the nation.
Miami Dolphins | Miami, FL | VIP Service Professional | May 2014 – Nov 2014
- Coordinated suites and provide the necessary accommodations for high-end customers and special events.
- Dress up Skybox suitable to customer’s needs and desires. Provide detailed knowledge and take orders for food and beverage from clients.
- Afforded partners with the best customer service possible and successfully upsold clients.
Coach Tom Shaw Performance | Orlando, FL | Social Media Marketing Manager | May 2012 – May 2013
- Successfully revived the Facebook account and increased likes by 70% in the second quarter.
- Effectively created and led Twitter and Instagram posts and responses.
- Created with Technical Writing a Wikipedia page for Coach Tom Shaw.
iProspect | Chicago, IL | Search Engine Marketing Analyst for Sears & Kmart | July 2011 – Nov 2011
- Core Strengths: Reporting and analysis of Key Performance Indicators, Campaign and Ad Copy builds, Landing Page Audit, Quality Assurance Checks, and Bid Optimization Recommendations.
- Report key findings from market research and develop case studies for Kmart, Sears Halloween and Sears Toy accounts.
- Google Adwords Fundamental Certified
- Recognized by the Sears team with an award for “Over Achiever Among New Hires.”
- Additional work: Support Marketing Team with writing 2 POVs, developed first ever weekly “Digital Marketing Insights for Interns.”
L’Oreal USA | New York, NY |Professional Products Division Marketing Analyst | June 2010 – Aug 2010
- Effectively executed new marketing outlines based on market research data collected to reflect consumer interest on both tactical and strategic levels.
- Led team to determine packaging, positioning, pricing, advertising, sales forecasts and promotional aspects for new product launch.
- Responsible for marketing for product launch including public relations, direct mail pieces, trade shows, sales training and e-mail.
Division of Intercollegiate Athletics | Champaign, IL |Marketing Associate | Jan 2009 – May 2010
- Planned and executed events and marketing programs, producing record-breaking attendance numbers monthly for all sports.
- Prepared marketing material to promote all university athletic events and attend two athletic games per week.
- Analysis of sales and implementation of strategies to drive attendance in each sport.
The Shire Group/Black Rhino Financial Group | Park Ridge, IL | Jr Marketing Analyst | May 2009-Aug 2009
- Develop and implement fresh marketing techniques, general office duties, and telemarketing
- Increased annual gross sales by 15%. Developed grass root marketing and social media marketing campaign which resulted in growth of customer base. Prepared marketing material to promote all university athletic events and attend two athletic games per week.
- Prepared complex financial statements, and interim/annual reports for retail and service businesses.
- Created a database to track hours of the employees and update customer information
Leadership & Development
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Americas | Miami, FL |Big Sister Mentor: School-Based Program | Feb 2014 – Dec 2014
- Danielle is a mentor of a 4th grade ‘Little Sister.’ She visits her once a week at school and provides her help with homework, friendship, and extra guidance.
Miami Children’s Hospital | Miami, FL | Bedside Buddy | March 2014- Dec 2014
Danielle in a team of two or more goes to the bedsides of Children for a 3 hour period once a week. The goal is to bring the activity of play to children who may be too sick to leave their room.
National Black MBA Association (NBMBAA) | Chicago, IL | Member |Oct 2011 – Present
- Selected as one of five to share their career story on the front page of the website. In detail, she explained her experience at the Annual Career Expo and how that experience helped jump-start her career with Coca-Cola.
HBX| Harvard Business School
Core: Credential of Readiness
HBX CORe (Credential of Readiness) is a 120-150 hour certificate program on the fundamentals of business from Harvard Business School. CORe is comprised of three courses – Business Analytics, Economics for Managers, and Financial Accounting – developed by leading Harvard Business School faculty and delivered in an active learning environment based on the HBS signature case-based learning model.
University of Illinois Champaign- Urbana
Bachelors of Science; Double Major: Marketing and Management Overall GPA 3.4/4.0
Deans List Fall 2009 GPA 3.75/4.00