29 Reasons Why I Am Excited To Be 29
1. Last year I was in a very low place. I wasn’t depressed but I was not happy with where I was in life. It was the first time in forever that I chose not to celebrate my birthday. I was not happy with where my dreams were and their level of reality and I was struggling with money and I was so “in like” with a man that refused to commit to anybody. I am so glad I brought myself out of that funk.
Related: Find A Therapist Near Me
2. This past year, I conquered my issue with procrastination. This solved 99% of all of my problems.
3. I am going into year 29 with a podcast that airs weekly! *Average Black Girl*
4. I have online courses that all can enjoy at https://above-average-university.teachable.com/
5. I raised my prices and said goodbye to clients who didn’t want to pay and hello to new clients that have no problem paying.
6. I am more consistent with my youtube channel. *Average Black Girl*
7. I have more discernment when dating going into 29.
8. I have the best friend groups a girl could ask for.
9. I have no problem saying no to doing favors, protecting my time and my energy. Unapologetically
10. I have received my first group of sponsors and free stuff.
11. I am a PAID writer for BlackDoctor.org
12. I have been teaching WordPress classes at Blue Lacuna for a year now.
13. Last year, I did not travel but this year I am able to travel and work!
14. I have no issue breaking ties with people who no longer serve me, especially in a business setting.
15. I am partnering with one of my besties Dominique Robinson.
16. My brand is growing and people are considering me with opportunities come up.
17. I trust myself and my intuition and know that my ideas are the bomb!
18. I have time to work out and cook healthier meals.
19. I have time to enjoy life and have a work-life balance.
20. I have been consistently booked for speaking engagements and workshops.
21. My confidence is where it should be.
22. My relationship with God is great.
23. My finances are in a great place and I am proud of my spending habits.
24. I stopped comparing myself to other people and can genuinely be happy for people as they have special life moments!
25. I accept my nerdiness and embrace the fact that I love analytics and history.
26. I have a bomb relationship with my parents. (I always have but I am grateful for that)
27. Rooftops are my new thing so I am loving experiencing new environments and meeting new people in my city.
28. My network is consistently expanding.
29. I genuinely like the person that I am and would be friends with her if I weren’t me.