7 Ways Faith Has Helped My Business
1. Removes Fear
- A lot of time we are afraid to do something that is of the unknown. Growing up in America, everything has a system and everything is in a box. Many times people are super functional in the box. But the minute you remove the borders, you freeze. Adulting, in short, is making decisions over and over and being okay with the consequences. With Faith, I am able to be even more clear in the decisions I should make and even more okay with the consequences that come with them. I am not afraid to step out and over fear because I am fearfully and wonderfully made and I know that there is greatness, purpose and wealth on the other side of fear.
2. Removes Doubt
- Doubt can RUIN your life. First, there is doubt and following right behind it is depression. When you have self-doubt, you think that something is wrong with you. Right after you start down that slope you start comparing everyone’s highlight reels (social media) to your life and it can become a rabbit hole before you know it. When doubt is removed I know that I am one of the BADDEST women out there with tenacity and style. I know that I am working in my purpose and I am able to really “trust the process.” When doubt is present all of my imperfections are on a pedal stool and I get overwhelmed with the end goal and forget to enjoy the journey.
3. It Brings Clients
- People like to do work with someone they like and/or can relate to. Being open about my faith and imperfections and my overcomings has actually drawn people to me versus turn them away. If you show that you had an issue but worked on it to make it better, people respect and can appreciate that. There is also a big opportunity to make money because you share your faith. From blogging to conferences that only accept vendors of faith there is definitely a spot for you.
4. It Helped Me Find My Purpose
- I was working on my career track that I had planned for myself like any other person in their mid-twenties when I felt like I was having a quarter-life crisis. I thought it has to be more to life than what I am doing and I should be able to utilize my skills A LOT better than how I am now. I took some time to really dig deep into my life and went on a faith walk. I started visiting 3 different churches, talking to my friends about purpose and journaling. I was able to get what I needed from all 3 of the churches and really paid attention to my thoughts. GOD was talking to me through my thoughts and I picked up on it to listen. I now know one of my purposes in life is to encourage my network to have a successful side hustle and to encourage my generation to get back to owning to increase generational wealth. Because I am living in my purpose, I am seeing an increase EVERY SINGLE week!
Related: BetterHelp Therapy
5. It Led Me To Become A History Buff.
- Christianity as we know it has ABSOLUTELY been whitewashed and certain information completely removed or fabricated for the white supremacy agenda and to justify the slave trade of people of African descent. This is a fact.
- However, the further back in history I go the blacker the world became. From Moses being a Pharoh which is an Egyptian word to the characters in the bible being proven to be black through multiple credible sources, to Jesus (whose name was not Jesus because the letter J was not created until the 16th century) had hair of wool ( Afro Texture) and skin of BURNT BRASS (chocolate). Knowing that the people in the bible looked like me and that I share the same bloodline of them did nothing but to increase my confidence.
- It also led to a new purpose of telling all my fellow Black Americans and those of African descent globally, what I know and help bring them the confidence I deserve and send them off on their journey of enlightenment.
6. It Helps Me To Alleviate Stress.
- There is something so comforting about a higher power walking with you. When I have nights that I cry, I know he hears my pain. I know that He knows the desires of my heart and I believe that God has a plan for prosperity and will provide the desires of my heart and that it will happen. When some things don’t go right, I know that I have time to fix it and that everything will happen in HIS timing. I know that GOD is going to bring me through and bring me to my promise land. I am now old enough to see that some of the things that I wanted to bad before were to actually hurt me. God was protecting me from heartache, disappointment, jealousy, and people who just did not have my best interest at heart.
7. It Helps To Draw In A Tribe
- People are attracted to LIKE people. By being transparent and open about my faith has drawn in people that are like me. It has helped with me finding a business tribe, girl and guy friends, associates and even helping to increase the quality of events I go to.