Personal branding has helped me SOOO many times this year. I am here to encourage you to start working on your personal brand and have a more intentional focus in the new year.
Personal branding has helped me to attract better clients. Before I get started with clients I am able to:
- Show them my teaching method through links.
- Look at my reviews and recommendations.
- Make sure they like me as a person.
I am able to do that by doing the following:
- Making sure that when I am done with a customer that is pleased with my work that I ask for recommendations on my facebook fan page and LinkedIn recommendations.
- Sending links to clients that want more information?
- These links include videos and my portfolio.
- Prevent buyers remorse. People normally are looking for one or all three of these things.
- Can I do to myself what I am selling?
- The thing I am selling, have I been able to provide positive results to someone else. (reviews and samples of previous work)
- The thing I am selling, can I do that to you?
Now, I would love to tell you about a story that happened to my friend. I have a friend from college that is really talented with words. She has a brand called The Art of Definition and she sends Monday motivational texts/ newsletters EVERY Monday. Talk about dedication right?! Well she was interviewing for a position as an editor for a medium size brand and they told her they liked her work but she did not have enough work experience.
She decided to keep trying, added her interviewers to her weekly text blast and they were so impressed with her writing and dedication that they offered her the job the next day!
In this situation, her brand literally gave her her DREAM JOB!
If she sat around waiting for that opportunity to come, it would have never came. But she created an opportunity for herself to improve her writing and become the editor of her own brand and voila! Her stock went up in Corporate America!